Escrito por K. Kloss
Illustraciones de Risa Horiuchi
Publicado por Rincón Point
Edades 3-7, bilingüe
Malty the Blue Tiger (Marita la tigresita azul) is a giggle-worthy, bilingual children's book in English and Spanish. It easily teaches kids new vocabulary words and shows them how to embrace what makes them unique.
Inside, you'll find:
• Text in both English and Spanish, with new vocabulary words bolded and color-coded for comparison
• A rhyming story that stresses the importance of diversity
• Repeated words and phrases for easy learning
• A review section of "Words I Learned Today," with photos to help your child remember new vocabulary
• A "Did You Know?" informational section about blue tigers
• Beautiful artwork that illustrates the vocabulary words in the text
This book teaches:
• Sight words
• Categorizing skills
• Spatial vocabulary (such as "over" and "up")
• Animal names and onomatopoeia
• Sentence structure and rhyming
• Social lessons
• New vocabulary in English and Spanish
Malty is a little tiger who goes on a journey to a beautiful, diverse place called Biscuit Brook, only to be criticized for the sound of her roar along the way. She yearns to make friends, so throughout her journey, she attempts to mimic every character she meets. It is only when she is lost and alone that she discovers her true sound, and her true identity, are what will help her reach her destination.
Your children will giggle wildly as Malty tries to "Chirp!" like a bird or "Honk!" like a truck, but they won't just be amused by the hilarious story.
They'll learn new English and Spanish words while observing the beauty of diversity and their special role in it.
0.11" H x 10.0" L x 8.0" W (0.3 lbs) 42 pages